It’s pin-up time

It’s that time of year. For every design student, it is a milestone in their development as an architect, interior designer or landscape architect. It’s pin-up time.

In April of each year, the hallways are filled with second-year students and their pin-up boards. As an observer, I enjoy this time of year — watching as the various projects are displayed in the hallways.┬áBut that’s easy for me to say. My future is not on the line.

It began last week with both the architecture and interior design students. The architecture students pin up on the first and second floor. But outside my door is where the interior design students were putting their boards. The students flood into the hallway with their boards and their hammers, stepladders, cement blocks and plenty of pins.

The boards stayed in place for a week, and then, the landscape architecture students moved in with their boards. The experience is similar but the result is different. The hallway has a different look and texture.

Before long, the walls will be white again. But in the meantime, I will enjoy absorbing the designs outside my door.

Click here to view photos from this year's pin-up.